Notifications
Clear all

transport control cubase from motif xs6

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 john
Topic starter

Having difficulty using remote control motif xs6 with cubase artist 8.5.
Only wish to use record transport buttons.
Didn't have issue with older cubase studio.
windows 10 platform
Thanks for any assistance.
john guyer

Posted : 17/07/2016 4:47 am
Bad Mister

It works exactly the same way.

In order for the Motif XS to act as a control surface for Cubase you need the following setup in the XS:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF1] REMOTE
Set the DAW TYPE template to "Cubase"

In Cubase, you must have it set so it receives the command on the dedicated Remote Port. "Port 2" if you are connected via USB, "Remote" if you are using FW.
Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > REMOTE DEVICES folder > make sure the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT are set to "Yamaha Motif XS6-2" (USB) or "Yamaha Motif XS6 Remote" (FW/mLAN) depending on your connection type.

Finally, the [DAW REMOTE] button must be lit and flashing for control commands to be communicated to Cubase.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 17/07/2016 12:22 pm
 john
Topic starter

Thank you for your response.

There are still some settings that are not correct.
I don't believe it is a driver issue.
I will do some more research.

Thanks again

Posted : 17/07/2016 5:50 pm
 john
Topic starter

OOPS , forgot to mention that global and other functions on xs remote do not seem to respond.
Attempting to enter with function buttons, ie. instrument ect. do not respond.
Sorry, I do get a bit frustrated.

Posted : 17/07/2016 5:58 pm
Bad Mister

I don't understand your reply.

Posted : 17/07/2016 6:46 pm
 john
Topic starter

Sorry. i will attempt to explain.
With the remote activated on the xs when pressing the record buttons i hear a patch note.

Posted : 18/07/2016 3:18 am
Bad Mister

Sorry. i will attempt to explain.
With the remote activated on the xs when pressing the record buttons i hear a patch note.

That can happen when you cross up the routing, the messages that should be kept discreet and prevented from getting merged are routed improperly.

Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP > in the column labeled "In All MIDI Inputs" unmark everything that is not a keyboard you want to use as a MIDI Note-On generating device. For your Motif XS that would be "Port 1", if using USB and called "Motif XS Main" if you're using FireWire.

Specifically, unmark "Yamaha Motif XS6-2" if you are connected via USB. Unmark "Yamaha Motif XS Remote" if you are using FireWire. If these are marked in the All Midi Inputs column, touching buttons sends a note-on. On the correct port it serves a remote control function, on the incorrect port its interpreted as a Midi note.

If this Remote Control data is routed yo your MIDI Track, pressing from panel buttons will play notes, pressing keys may open windows and other silliness. The port 2 or Remote Port should be setup only in the REMOTE DEVICES folder, located right below the MIDI PORT SETUP on the left side of the screen.

In the REMOTE DEVICES folder, is where you setup the Port 2/Remote port... All by itself.

Posted : 18/07/2016 4:10 am
 john
Topic starter

Thank you, I will try that.
You have been the master at device setups for a very long time and i appreciate your patience with me.

Posted : 18/07/2016 4:46 am
 john
Topic starter

Well, still not happening
I use a iconectivity 4
Every midi port is set to inactive except motif 1,4,6
Is there any settings on the motif that could make this not function?

Posted : 21/07/2016 9:11 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, I don't know anything about I-connectivity4... Sorry.
The Motif XS via USB has four Ports if I remember correctly
Port 1 the Motif XS
Port 2 Remote DAW Control
Port 3 the 5-pin In/Out jack for an external device
Port 4 for the Motif XS Editor Standalone/VST

Posted : 21/07/2016 9:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us