Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha Steinberg Driver Connections

19 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

My computer connects successfully with my XF with FW Driver 1.7.5. I'm not trying to run any specific program, My XS8 suddenly stopped communication with the FW Driver. Am I not communicating that issue well enough?

Posted : 26/06/2019 6:57 pm
Bad Mister

I understand that. If you are not trying to run any specific program then I say don’t worry about it.
But if you are trying to use it, then the next step in troubleshooting the issue would be trying to access the XS8 via the application. But if your not using a program then disconnect it. Just FYI: a maximum of three FW devices can be connected in a system with one computer.

Posted : 26/06/2019 7:58 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

Bad Mister, can you please reach out to me at marklevangmusic@me.com? I would be glad to explain! I'm just trying to connect my XS8 to my laptop so I can use it with Digital Performer. No DAW will see it unless it first is seen by the computer, then by the FW Driver. That allows the Audio Midi application to recognize then I can start working. Like I said above, my XF8 connects handsomely. On multiple XS8s, one at a time, they stopped connecting...

Warmest Regards,

Mark LeVang

Posted : 27/06/2019 1:49 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi Mark:

I am not sure you will get this to work, especially with XS instruments. You should know that Yamaha Japan has officially stopped updated that driver. There will be no further updates so whatever the latest version is it.

Additionally If you did have it working with multiple units before then it stopped ("Suddenly, my mLAN connectivity was lost between my XS machines and MACBOOK PRO")...Well, something must have changed in your system . From what I have gathered you are also running the last revision of El Capitan. All that we can do from this end is suggest where to look, but we can't actually test any of this since none of us are running that system anymore

I have one hopeful suggestion: Since I think something changed in your system, maybe you have Time Machine running on that system? I would try to go back to the last time you KNOW it all worked and try to reconnect.

Other than that I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

Posted : 10/07/2019 9:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us