Notifications
Clear all

128 scenes x 4 bank

29 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I don't know where to send wishes to the manufacturer.
If I look for what is better, I will have nothing to play on. The choice is not great.

Posted : 21/06/2022 7:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Different locations do not have equal access to personally try gear. Stay positive.

Posted : 21/06/2022 10:14 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=117484]
But this thread contains nothing from the OP but misplaced whining that 'Yamaha done me wrong - woe is me' when EVERYTHING the OP said is entirely their own fault. Fine for a chat room - not for a support forum - there isn't any support anyone can offer.

[/quotePost]

Emotional support?

Empathy?

Sympathy?

Posted : 22/06/2022 12:15 am
Member Admin

Berating fine in your definition of a support forum? Cause you've done a tonne of that!

Posted : 22/06/2022 12:35 am
Member Admin

[quotePost id=117494]

Berating fine in your definition of a support forum? Cause you've done a tonne of that!

Don't complain to others just because you don't like what you see in the mirror. You don't need a new mirror - you need to change you.

[/quotePost]

Not complaining. Merely trying to determine the rules of your desired flavour of digital fascism.

Posted : 22/06/2022 12:42 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=117495]Merely trying to determine the rules of your desired flavour of digital fascism. [/quotePost]
LOL
You are the last person on Earth who should complain of such things.

Posted : 22/06/2022 8:53 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Support?
I'm not sure anyone will read this.
Engineers or those who sit at the post office are different people.
I didn't really see the link. Yeah, I didn't really look for it.
I have a choice to talk to a support girl or with real users.
I'm not complaining. Do not take what I said as a complaint.
I just wish there were improvements.

Posted : 22/06/2022 9:52 am
Member Admin

[quotePost id=117520][quotePost id=117495]Merely trying to determine the rules of your desired flavour of digital fascism. [/quotePost]
LOL
You are the last person on Earth who should complain of such things.[/quotePost]

Ha!

Yeah. Because you're a free speech absolutist?

Posted : 22/06/2022 11:37 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=117522]I'm not complaining. Do not take what I said as a complaint. [/quotePost]

You first post was exactly that, complaints from start to end:

[quotePost id=117452]If I have money I will buy a Fantom-06.

The thing I don't like about the yamaha is the huge body construction!
On the table near the computer it's just a monster.

Genos: height 138 mm, depth 456 mm
Tyros 5: height 142 mm, depth 450 mm
SX700: height 139 mm, depth 431 mm

Fantom-06: height 95 mm, depth 323 mm

Yamaha has very narrow keys
I played on 61-key by Roland there are wide keys and it is very comfortable!
And the keys are shorter there, which is quite reasonable. (13 cm)
It all outweighs my sympathies. I don't even want to talk about the quality of the plastic.

By the way lightweight Fantom-0 has 128 scenes. Sad that I have no money.
[/quotePost]

And completely uneducated complaints, comparing different things (Genos with Fantom-06 ).

Posted : 22/06/2022 11:49 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

@semiono:

The Yamaha Synthesizer group has a dedicated site which gives you direct access to the R&D (research and development) team. This team is very closely tied to the engineering group. There are Youtube videos where Yamaha shows testing gear using MIDI 2.0 - something not yet available but future-looking. And in the video you get to see R&D team members. I guess what I'm getting at is that you get to see the R&D group doing things close to the engineering work and you get a name of a real person. Then you can see the same person participating actively in the dedicated site often posting or asking questions to get more detail.

The site is https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/

This gives you the most direct way to voice anything you like and want more of or to voice what you believe is missing or deficient.

Posted : 22/06/2022 4:16 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=117536]@semiono:

The Yamaha Synthesizer group has a dedicated site which gives you direct access to the R&D (research and development) team. This team is very closely tied to the engineering group. There are Youtube videos where Yamaha shows testing gear using MIDI 2.0 - something not yet available but future-looking. And in the video you get to see R&D team members. I guess what I'm getting at is that you get to see the R&D group doing things close to the engineering work and you get a name of a real person. Then you can see the same person participating actively in the dedicated site often posting or asking questions to get more detail.

The site is https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/

This gives you the most direct way to voice anything you like and want more of or to voice what you believe is missing or deficient.
[/quotePost]

If a scale of effectiveness is 0 (zero) through to total (Bill Gates influence over the WHO), what do you think's been the impact of activity on IdeaScale in shaping Montage/MODX updates over the last few years?

Posted : 22/06/2022 6:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I know that the R&D has regular meetings to discuss ideas on Ideascale. I know that it is absolutely a resource that is used in a beneficial way for customers and not there just to placate. You have very pessimistic outlooks from some. I don't see it the same.

Ideascale remains the best channel to shape the future. It takes a long, long time for things to get implemented and not everything is possible (budget, resources, architecture, competing priorities, etc). Those with patience and persistence are generally rewarded. Those who do not participate have decided to have very little chance of influence.

Ideas are decided in aggregate. Meaning - you're one of many votes. Maybe you don't see the point in being what you feel is an "insignificant" (statistically) member of a possible larger group. I just don't see it this way either. Ideas with traction receive enough critical mass to get the attention of the R&D team. This is what you want. You don't know unless you cast your wish into the well.

Posted : 22/06/2022 7:45 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Also result is near null, is the same like a result))
I'm not a pessimist.
I hope they will not ban me very quickly there.
It was a joke.
🙂

Posted : 22/06/2022 11:18 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you Jason! Thank you Andrew!!

Posted : 22/06/2022 11:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us