Clear all

A Christmas Story

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

Thought all y'all would enjoy this -- a Yamaha gear-head in the making. 😀

Our grandson attended Kindermusik classes while he was an infant and, man, we can see the effects already. He watches other kids and his big-kid grandfather (me) play keys, so playing keys already seems like an every-day activity.

When he comes over to our house, we put on music, or he and I sit down at the Yamaha MODX or Genos (depending on what's set up and handy). He fell in love with the MODX Superknob and the beats, now refering to beat music as "orange music." Orange is his favorite color and will literally ask for "orange music". One wonders if he has synesthesia or if he just likes the occasional warm orange glow from the MODX Superknob.

Well, come Christmas day, he unwrapped our gift -- a Yamaha PSS-E30 Remie -- and broke into a joyful smile to have a keyboard of his own. He quickly started pushing the start/stop button; Do kids understand icons this early? We dropped a few beats and he literally was dancing along. So, I would say the first encounter with Remie was quite successful!

A few minutes later, we caught his mom (a former wind player) trying different features and taking one of the quizzes. Couldn't have been better. We'll see how Remie works out in the long run...

Hey, Yamaha! You missed an opportunity, tho'. Kids love the Superknob. Your next keyboard for kids should have a Superknob on it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (And please support arts/music education.) 🙂

-- pj

http://sandsoftwaresound.net

Posted : 30/12/2019 6:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us