0 Likes
Topic starter

Got my modx 8 one month ago
Pretty happy about the home studio use I can have with it
Used it last night with any problems.
Turning it on today and ALL!!!! Cs and F#s aren’t working at all πŸ™
Turned it off few times and reset settings, didn’t change anything
A bit despaired to say the least

I live in Indonesia Bali, is there maybe something I can do before having to send it back to Jakarta ( having to pay to send it and waiting loooong time to get it back )
Who knows something can be done although my hopes are slim

Thank you

Posted : 17/12/2019 7:07 am
Michel
Eminent Member

Losing all C's and F#'s is more consistent with a hardware issue than a software issue. I was looking at the service manual and having a bad connection to 2 pins in the keyboard cables could easily cause such a problem (as well as failure in or near the keyboard processing IC)

If you're really desperate and can't send it to Yamaha, a qualified repair person could open it and inspect and re-seat the cable going from the keyboard to the "MK Sub Circuit" board.

I don't really recommend this but it's what I would do, having designed, built and repaired synths for 10 years. My avatar is a CS70m that I repaired and upgraded to MIDI πŸ˜‰

Posted : 17/12/2019 5:16 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your help πŸ™‚

There is maybe someone qualified enough to have a look at it but I was wondering if it breaks the warranty if it’s opened before the Yamaha service center ?
Has someone some infos about it ?

Thanks again πŸ™‚

Posted : 17/12/2019 6:24 pm
 Phil

Not sure if this is useful. I friend of mine had an issue with a MOXF a few years back, Octaves suddenly started moving around the keyboard, i.e. the low octave played on higher keys. At the time we were using power from a generator, not standard power; I suspected that spikes in the power may have damaged the firmware or OS. He did manage to repair it by reloading the OS and I think the firmware. You could try this, it may be a similar problem. Obviously make sure you back up before undertaking this process. The OS is fairly easy to update, I'm not sure how to do the firmware.
Good Luck

Posted : 18/12/2019 5:46 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us