Clear all

Any Studio One/MODX/iMac users?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi

I have just started using my MODX via USB instead of my presonus audiobox. When opening a new project I load MODX into track 1 and it plays fine through my studio monitors.

However, when I load a new track and try to play a VST still using the MODX to play the sound of the plugin the sound comes out the back of my iMac and not my monitors.

Also, when I show the mixer in Studio One it only shows a channel for the VST plugin and nothing at all for the MODX. There is not even a signal in the master channel when I play the MODX even though I can play and hear it.

can anybody help please? And excuse my ignorance!

Posted : 27/07/2019 8:04 pm
Bad Mister

https://yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/any-modx-and-studio-one-4-5-users#reply-85341

Did you select the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” as the “Audio Device” on the AUDIO SETUP page?
Until you do, you are not routing audio through the MODX. It will appear as either the name of the Driver or simply the name of the Device: MODX. (I don’t own Studio One, but this is an educated guess).

There is not even a signal in the master channel when I play the MODX even though I can play and hear it.

You hear the MODX because it is connected to your speakers... that connection remains even if you turn the computer completely Off. You need to select the MODX as your Audio Device... if you have the Studio One Manual lookup “Audio Device” or “Audio Setup”.

Posted : 27/07/2019 8:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us