Notifications
Clear all

Assigning Control Change Numbers to Scenes on Montage or MODX

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Topic starter

So I would like to use a midi footpedal to change scenes on the MODX. I saw in a thread that I should go to [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > and select a CONTROL CHANGE number for “Scene CC”. However, when I go here, I do not see a way to set a control change number for every scene. I only see a single control number. What am I missing?

Posted : 22/10/2020 6:50 pm
Bad Mister

So I would like to use a midi footpedal to change scenes on the MODX. I saw in a thread that I should go to [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > and select a CONTROL CHANGE number for “Scene CC”. However, when I go here, I do not see a way to set a control change number for every scene. I only see a single control number. What am I missing?

You select a CC#, the default is cc92. You can choose any CC# between 1 and 95... you want to select one not being used for something else. If there is a conflict you will see it appear with an ! (exclamation mark) in front of the number. Avoid conflicts.

Say you set it to CC92... What happens is the range of values 0-127 is divided into eight equal segments so any value between 0 and 15 will select Scene 1... any value for CC92 between 16 and 31 will recall Scene 2 and so on... here is a simple way to use it:.

CC92 = 0 Scene 1
CC92 = 16 Scene 2
CC92 = 32 Scene 3
CC92 = 48 Scene 4
CC92 = 64 Scene 5
CC92 = 80 Scene 6
CC92 = 96 Scene 7
CC92 = 112 Scene 8

Posted : 22/10/2020 7:09 pm
 Gary
Topic starter

Now I understand. Thank you so much for the quick response. Couldn’t get through to Yamaha support, so thank you for taking the time to help me.

Posted : 22/10/2020 7:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us