Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Best way to master the keyboard?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey everyone. I've had the MODX for 2 years and mostly just use the preset sounds, but want to start to "master" the keyboard (or at least learn about all the features). I find learning very simple things about the MODX to be sometimes quite frustrating and have come here to ask for some advice. I've read the manual but would really benefit from some kind of in depth tutorial. There are a handful of helpful videos on youtube but they are far from comprehensive. However, the videos I've watched have helped me a lot and I wish there was more of a "course" if you will, which covered the keyboard iteratively in chapters or something. If anyone knows of any resources that'd be great.

Thanks.

Posted : 25/11/2020 6:19 am

Hi Charles

A good start: Mastering MODX Article Series

Another knowledge guide for starters: MODX Essential Knowledge Guide

Make sure to check out the Yamaha Music Production Guides

HTH, Michael

Posted : 25/11/2020 9:13 am
Topic starter

Thanks for these resources Michael! I'll definitely read through the articles. For what it's worth, I'd just like to say that for someone like me, video tutorials are more helpful than written articles. I'm thankful for both of course, but it would be awesome if someone produced a series of videos. Obviously producing such a series is an investment, but it's super helpful to watch people press the buttons and operate the workflow of the machine live. Anyway, thanks!

Also for anyone reading this: I couldn't get the essential knowledge pdf to open in Firefox or Chrome via clicking the link (because the link is not secure). I had to explicitly search google (using Chrome) for the "essential knowledge pdf" and somehow the link worked there.

Edit: weird. All of the links to the "mastering the MODX" articles lead to 404 pages.
Edit: it's because all the links on that page have the wrong url path. They all lead to .../synths/.... when they should lead to ../learn/...
eg: https://yamahasynth.com/learn/super-knob-morph-mastering-modx VS https://yamahasynth.com/synths/super-knob-morph-mastering-modx

Posted : 25/11/2020 8:07 pm

Sorry about the hiccup concerning the links. Obviously Yamaha reorganized their site but didn't update the links. Common problem in the www world, glad you sorted that out. Years ago Bad Mister did an excellent video tutorial DVD for the MOX. It's a shame that such a valuable resource is not available for the MODX.

Posted : 25/11/2020 8:59 pm
 rudy

Hi Charles. Here's the link to a blog with articles and acccompanying videos, still growing weekly:

https://yamahamodxfaq.wordpress.com/

There's a 'Useful Links' page over there that points to more relevant info available on the internet.

Posted : 29/11/2020 8:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us