Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Browsing performances for jamming

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'd like to go through all that MODX multipart performances that are targeted at some kind of jamming. What I mean is performances that feature keyboard splits, rhythm and bass parts, some scenes offering typical song sections, lead voices for the right keyboard split and so on.

Of course in Category Search I may use the "Multi" attribute, but this yields a wealth of performances including those where a single instrument is implemented as a multipart performance. Is there any way to browse only those performances as described above?

Posted : 22/12/2018 1:20 pm
Bad Mister

There are no search criteria to match your requirements.

What you can do is as you go through the 2,143 Factory Performances, if you find one that matches your criteria mark it as Favorite.
You do so by touching the Performance Name box
Touch “Favorite” on the pop-in window
This places a yellow star next to the Performance and creates a new search group, “Favorite”
You can view your Favorites Category by double clicking the [CATEGORY] button from the HOME screen.

Alternatively, you can add drums, and a lead sound to any Performances with available KBD CTRL Parts
You do so by pressing [RHYTHM PATTERN] and selecting a Drum Kit
The Drum Kit will be added as an additional Part with Arps assigned and ready to trigger. (If you select a Rock Kit, Rock Arps will be assigned, select a Jazz Kit, Jazz Arps will be assigned and so on... You can change the Arp phrases as you desire).
You can add you lead sound by touching the “+” on the Home screen and merging it with a Lead sound of your choice.

The Factory programs are designed for you to customize. Hope that helps.

Posted : 22/12/2018 8:34 pm
Topic starter

There are no search criteria to match your requirements.

Thanks BM, that's what I suspected, but anyway better to ask. It was easy to go through the MOX/MOXF performances to find the gems, now it's like searching a needle in a haystack. But I will find out 😀 so happy to have upgraded to the MODX 😉 .

Posted : 22/12/2018 11:20 pm

I played a MODX7 today.
and I really liked it.
I am bumping this thread because I want to do the same thing as Michael.
is there definitely no way to do it?

Posted : 05/01/2019 4:47 am
Bad Mister

What you can do is load the MOXF, Motif XS/XF Performances into your MODX.

Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Load”
Set the “Contents Type” = “User File” or “Library File” depending on your preference.
Set the “Import Option” = Perf
You can load the Performance data from any MOXF .X6A File, from any Motif XS .X0A File, and any Motif XF .X3A File.

The MODX contains all the data from these models and can convert the data so that you can play all the Performances from these products.

EXTRA CREDIT:
Yamaha has made available the 512 Motif XS/XF Performance data in MONTAGE file format... which means you can load it directly to your MODX as either a User Bank or directly into a ROM Library! Your choice.

You are provided a User File and a Library File — you decide where you want to direct it.
You can find this data (Free Download) here: you’ll find it at the bottom of the page, listed under “Other Downloads”

Motif XF Performance Data for MONTAGE

Look for future articles on how to construct your own multi-Part programs using the advanced features of the Motion Control engine.

Posted : 05/01/2019 12:17 pm

that is awesome.
thank you very much Bad Mister!!

Posted : 05/01/2019 3:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us