Clear all

Bulk increase of parts volume

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello,

I need to increase volume of all parts in all scenes because general volume is too low at the output, I don't think there's a way to apply a bulk operation but question is raised just in case...

Musicalement,

Romuald

Posted : 01/02/2022 3:31 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There are output gain settings with dB attenuate, unity, or boost options ( [UTILITY] Settings -> Audio I/O).
Source: https://www.moessieurs.com/audio-io.html (Main L&R output)

If the gain is already boosted at the maximum then volume can be used.

A full discussion of various options are detailed here:
https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/advice-about-volume-settings-master-volume-part-volumes-and-performance-volume

A discussion framed around audio as too loud/hot can be effective for reference for the opposite condition due to the same "knobs" to turn to impact the desired outcome.

Posted : 01/02/2022 10:07 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello,

Many thanks for your quick replies.

Actually all my performances do not render exactly the same volume (not even) for some reason. The ones I'd like to boost have their global volume to 127 (max). I won't change the device settings so I will give myself a push and adjust 16x8 settings 😀
Maybe this could be a suggestion to improve the OS, global VU meter or bulk operations.

Musicalement,

Romuald

Posted : 02/02/2022 9:59 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I would then suggest using Live Set which has a volume offset setting which is an easy way to apply a volume "correction" to each Performance. I use Live Set for all of my Performances not for volume correction - but because I find this interface more effective for selecting Performances than [CATEGORY SEARCH] on the bandstand.

Posted : 02/02/2022 2:45 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I would then suggest using Live Set which has a volume offset setting which is an easy way to apply a volume "correction" to each Performance. I use Live Set for all of my Performances not for volume correction - but because I find this interface more effective for selecting Performances than [CATEGORY SEARCH] on the bandstand.

Nice trick, where can I adjust Performances then ? I use Live set as well, would be an easy way indeed.

Posted : 09/02/2022 3:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiaH6oinpM

You're not interested in having multiple at different volumes - but the part where they EDIT then select Volume then change the volume is what you want to do. It goes quick - not much to it.

Posted : 09/02/2022 6:16 pm
Antony
Estimable Member

Just a general observation if OP was not aware...

There are many places within a Performance where Volume "inefficiencies" can be hiding. Too many to divulge here, but examples are:-

Element & Operator Levels
Element & Operators EQs in the Insert Effects area
Dry vs Wet levels.... effects in general.
Effect Gain Levels
Filter Gain Levels
Master EQ
External Equipment... Mixer Channel, PA etc
etc

These kinds of issues are not limited to Montage/MODX. They exist in any complex Audio Signal Path.

As a Guitarist experiencing similar issues (usually Live "Venue Acoustics" being the problem) I invested in a MIDI Controllable EQ/Boost Pedal with multiple User Memories for "instant corrections".

The pedal I use is a Boss EQ200. I highly recommend it. In a Live Scenario it can be easily controlled with its footswitches, but also in the case of MODX, with the MIDI OUT cable and a spare Assign Knob.

Posted : 10/02/2022 7:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us