Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can a Library Live Set be Copied into a User Live Set?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Michael
Topic starter

Hi, upgraded from MOX to MODX recently, getting up-to-speed.

I would like to copy the Montage_EXPANDED Live Set into a User Live Set, then use John Melas' latest Windows version of the MODX Tools to prune and re-organize; unfortunately, John's Live Set editor does not see the Chick's Mark V or Montage_EXPANDED Live Sets, only the User Live Sets.

As I have been unable to find the answer to the question in this post's title, I am checking with the forum; a few notes:
- MODX OS 2.52
- Chick's Mark V and Montage_EXPANDED libraries have been loaded into MODX library space
- the Chick's Mark V and Montage_EXPANDED Live Sets are available as well as the Preset and 8 User Live Sets (all 8 blank)

Thanks for your time!

Posted : 01/12/2021 5:29 pm
Bad Mister

Since your goal is “…to prune and re-organize;” why not just use the “Library Import” feature to move “MONTAGE_Expanded” Performances to the USER Bank… then create a new “Live Set” that contains just the Performance you want, in the order you want them.

Once you have the LIVE SET exactly as you like, SAVE AS… a new Library File (.X7L)
Delete the original “MONTAGE_Expanded” Library.
Then install your new version.

I think you’ll find it quicker, easier and more efficient than you might believe (before doing it)… it can all be done right on board the instrument.
It is a simple matter to recall the User Performance, press [SHIFT] + [LIVE SET] and then place them in order in the User Live Set Bank.

Remember: Doing a “Library Import” will move the Library (Performances, Waveforms, Arpeggios) to User Bank locations. (The Library Live Set is not moved - just the data it references).

The Performances, Waveforms and Arpeggios that are moved are added to any existing User Bank Performances, Waveforms and Arpeggios, already in the User Bank.

Therefore, when using the internal User Bank to create a new Library, you may consider initializing the User Bank before using “Library Import”

Posted : 02/12/2021 3:07 am
Michael
Topic starter

That works; many thanks, Badmister.

Posted : 02/12/2021 3:29 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

The Production Guides had many articles about Library and Data management since the Montage came out.

Check the summaries and download the PDFs, lots of good stuff:
https://www.musicproductionguide.eu/mpghistory/history_en.htm

For example: issues 1/21, 1/19, 2/19, 3/19, 4/18, 6/18, 4/17

Posted : 02/12/2021 9:51 am
Michael
Topic starter

Thanks for issue guidance, Dragos!

I totally agree re the MPG; I downloaded every issue from Jan, 2018 thru present day; I'll check out those issues.

Posted : 03/12/2021 1:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us