Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can you use 1 sustain pedal for 2 synths?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

My old MOXF sits below my MODX and currently I just have the Yamaha sustain pedal connected to the MOXF.

Is there any way to split the pedal connector so it connects to and works with both synths? Even if I can only use it with one synth at a time, it would save me having to mess about and unconnect from one and connect to the other.

Posted : 16/03/2023 11:38 am
 Rob
Estimable Member

If both synthesizers are connected via MIDI, the sustain pedal connected to the instrument that sends MIDI Out will also control sustain on the receiving synth. In my case, I always send send MIDI sustain pedal signal to my second instrument (in my case a Nord). On this Nord I set per program if I want the incoming sustain pedal signal to control the second board. Works perfectly.

Posted : 16/03/2023 12:02 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

OK thanks. That’s something I’d not considered before πŸ™‚ At the moment they aren’t connected but I have spare midi cables that I could achieve this with.

Posted : 16/03/2023 12:18 pm

Posted by: John

OK thanks. That’s something I’d not considered before πŸ™‚ At the moment they aren’t connected but I have spare midi cables that I could achieve this with. doodle baseball

If so, use your spare midi cable to connect via MIDI.

Β 

Posted : 03/04/2024 3:52 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us