Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha Does Not Honor Rebates in Sneaky Ways?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
John
 John
Topic starter

So, when the MODX8+ came out I was on the fence for a bit. But then, the stars aligned and I decided to unload my MOXF8 and get the MODX8+ last November. The fact that an "early adopter" rebate was being offered (free FC5 and FC7 with purchase) kind of helped tip me over the edge. After all, I needed a second expression pedal anyway, and it never hurts to have an extra foot switch in the gig bag as well.

I dutifully registered with Yamaha and received this promising email in return:

Thank you for your MODX+ Early Adopter promotion submission. We have approved your submission and need just a few things to fulfill your order. To receive your FREE Yamaha FC5 Foot Pedal and one free Yamaha FC7 Foot Pedal, you'll need to:

View the Yamaha FC5 Foot Pedal Page and add it to your cart.
View the Yamaha FC7 Foot Pedal Page and add it to your cart.

If you are not already logged into your Yamaha account, please login prior to applying the promotional code.

Proceed to checkout and use discount code ********************

Please note: You must add both items to your cart for the discount code to be applied.

In the months since then, the FC5 foot pedal has been continually out of stock. I could actually live with that, because all I want the most is the FC7. But for them to say I need to have BOTH added to my cart seems ridiculous to the point where it stinks of a bait and switch.

Was I being a sucker? Is this the way Yamaha deals with its customers? Did anyone out there get this rebate honored?
🙁

Posted : 19/03/2023 8:52 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I was an early adopter for Montage and received the bonus pedals. I purchased the keyboard at the tail end of the program and the offers were taken down by the time I registered. I emailed support and they helped get me in.

I would follow up with the support email and/or phone for your geographical region explaining the issue (out of stock). They can probably at least get you in although it may take some time to ship out.

Posted : 19/03/2023 10:53 pm

I bought my MODX6+ back in October. I filled out the forms online with all requirements. It was not even a full week before the pedals arrived. I was totally shocked 😮

Posted : 20/03/2023 10:28 pm
Member Admin

Probably nothing nefarious about this... looks like they just never thought to ensure the mechanisms of purchase and application could reliably work when a stock issue stymied the ordering. Which is an indictment of a different sort.

@Blake, can you help sort this out so that the customer has a win, and Yamaha does, too?

Posted : 21/03/2023 7:31 am
John
 John
Topic starter

Thank y'all for the feedback. Sorry if I came off a bit cynical. 🙂

Submitted a support request and we'll what happens. Fingers crossed...

Posted : 22/03/2023 12:09 am
John
 John
Topic starter

Well, that wasn't much help...

Hi John,

Thank you for following up with us. We're sorry the FC5 is out of stock again. We recommend using the "Notify Me" feature so you are alerted once it is back in sock. Also, if possible, please order as soon as you can once you get the email notification.

The code you received doesn't expire so you will be able to use it once both pedals are in stock.

Kind regards,
Susan

ref:_00D30F1z._5004S4YGUE:ref

As if I hadn't already signed up for "Notify Me" months ago...

Posted : 22/03/2023 12:29 am
John
 John
Topic starter

Hot diggity dog!

I don't know if @Blake or someone intervened on my behalf, but today the FC5 was magically back in stock, so I was able to get my pedals ordered and they are supposedly on their way.

Thank you all again!

Posted : 23/03/2023 11:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us