Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Chorus Setting

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

There's a performance called Rd 73 (Rhodes sound) that has chorus applied when the Assign1 button is pressed. I'd like to reduce the intensity level of the chorus but when I go into edit mode/effects, I can't find chorus anywhere (although I know it's there somewhere!) I see that assign1 is assigned to Destination 7/InsA Chorus, but how to I get to it to adjust?

Posted : 26/03/2019 3:19 pm
Bad Mister

From the HOME screen
Tap the “Type/Name” box corresponding to Part 1 to *select* it
Press [EDIT]
“Part 1-Common” will appear in blue in the lower left corner of the screen.
Touch “Effects” > “Routing”
Here you can see an overview of the Effect Routing through the 3-band EQ, the two Insertion Effect blocks A and B, the 2-band EQ.
In the second column touch “InsA” or “InsB” to view the parameters of the effect type assigned to that block.

I am not near an instrument at this moment... but typically a Chorus will have a “Depth” parameter to control ‘how much’ Effect is applied.
You can check to see if any physical controller is already assigned by navigating to the “Mod/Control” > “Control Assign” screen... you mention “Destination7” = InsA Chorus (but you don’t mention what Chorus parameter); then you say the physical controller is (listed as “Source”) is Assign1... but is it Assign Knob 1 or Assign Switch 1 (not clear).

If it is AssignKnob1: To adjust this parameter, make sure the [ASSIGN] button just to the left of the Knobs are lit, and turn Knob1
If it us AsSw1: press the Assign Switch to engage it.

Sorry best I can do with the description given, without being at the instrument...

Posted : 26/03/2019 5:17 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

"Rd 73" uses the "Jazz Combo" effect - which is a "Distortion" category multi-effect emulating a certain manufacturer's guitar amp. One of the settings of this insertion effect is "Chorus" with the settings "Chorus", "Vib", and "Off". Keith accurately documented the destination as "InsA Chorus" - that's the full text of this effect's destination parameter. This parameter is only "on" and "off" (or .. off and two types) - so there's no adjustment using THIS parameter. The parameter you want to adjust by programming to a different value is the "Depth" value. When you're editing InsA - it will be a few to the right of the "Chorus" (Off/Chorus/Vib) parameter. It's set at 5.0. You can dial that back to taste. Also, to the right of that is "Panning". You can dial that down as well - it also is set at 5.0 for this Performance.

Posted : 26/03/2019 6:12 pm
Topic starter

Never would have gotten that on my own. Thanks Jason!

Posted : 26/03/2019 6:40 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

No problem - the more you dig - the less you need a map on your next excavation.

Posted : 26/03/2019 8:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us