Clear all

Doubt about "Element Group".

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Asa
 Asa
Topic starter

Hello, I have a doubt about "Element Group" when using Wavecycle (or Waverandom).

I understand how to make "groups", but I don't understand why you can choose in "Group element", the number 8. Is there a way to make 8 groups? As there are 8 elements, the only idea I have had to make more than 4 groups is that you can make groups of elements between two parts, but I have not achieved it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 30/07/2020 5:39 pm

An element group can have just one element in it. Since each element in an element group needs to have the same XA Control setting, and there are 8 different XA Control types, you can need up to 8 different groups.

Posted : 30/07/2020 7:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Considering normal AWM2 PARTs - a group with a single element (for Cycle and Random) is no different than using Normal. So what is an example where single element groups for these XA control types provides value? I'm also having some difficulty constructing a case for using single-element groups - which does make one ponder the utility/use-case for 8 groups.

Posted : 31/07/2020 9:16 am
Eminent Member

A single element group would be pointless when using Cycle or Random since those functions need at least 2 elements to do anything.

But you could use single element groups with the other XA functions, like Key Off or the A.SW functions.

Posted : 31/07/2020 12:39 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

OP

"Element Group" when using Wavecycle (or Waverandom).

Posted : 31/07/2020 2:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us