Clear all

Downloading patches from Soundmondo to a Mac

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 M
Topic starter

Hi everybody,

I don't have an internet connection in my studio, nor I have a smartphone/tablet (I told you, I'm old fashioned). I was wondering if there's a workaround for downloading patches from Soundmondo to my home Mac (which is connected with a DSL). Once on my desktop, it would be easy to transfer them on my MODX in the studio. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted : 23/02/2019 10:12 am
Bad Mister

The Soundmondo application for the computer works by connecting your synthesizer directly to the server that holds the content via the Internet using CHROME MIDI built-in to the browser. There is nothing to download to your desktop. It's all new-fangled, connecting the synth to the Internet. I'm afraid the ante in requires the computer, the internet and the synth be in the same location at the same time.

When you browse through posted content, you can click on an entry; read about its author, listen to a SoundCloud .wav or view a video if the author posted them... if you are intrigued you click "SYNC"... the data is bulked directly to your synth. But it must be connected. Clicking SYNC causes the MODX to send a bulk request, the site responds, the MODX edit buffer captures the data.

We should mention that the "community share" function is optional. You can use Soundmondo on the computer (or the iOS device App) to simply archive your own sounds. Simply mark them Private. Sharing is optional.

Posted : 24/02/2019 7:51 pm
 M
Topic starter

Thanks for your reply Bad Mister, yes I know how it works. I was wondering if there was a workaround, a third party app or something, since it would be technically possible. It's data flowing, after all, and theoretically speaking, data can be stored anywhere.

Posted : 25/02/2019 7:16 am
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi M:

There really isn't anyway to workaround. My suggestion is to save your stuff locally to MODX at the studio then when you can connect at home upload then to Soundmondo.

Posted : 28/02/2019 12:12 am
 M
Topic starter

Thanks Blake,

I was 99% sure about it, just wanted it to be confirmed. Yamaha could think about an upgrade of the Soundmondo platform, I'm sure that - even if not many - there are quite a number of people in my situation.

Posted : 28/02/2019 9:11 am
Bad Mister

Soundmondo ‘sharing’ is for folks who have Internet connectivity.
Soundmondo can be used without sharing, the data can be kept, locally, on your iPhone/iPad

MODX CONNECT allows you to capture individual MODX Performances — it can be run as a stand-alone program.

If you wish to join with others in sharing sounds, then you have to come half-way toward the future you seem to be resisting. On this site, we use MODX CONNECT .X8B files to ‘share’ Performances for the tutorial articles. So no change has to be made to Soundmondo. By not having the Internet near your instrument you must use one of the .X8_ File formats.

Posted : 11/03/2019 2:29 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us