Notifications
Clear all

Foot controller as volume peddle

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Ken
Topic starter

I am using Foot Controller 1 as a volume peddle. When I use the peddle it never comes up to full volume. First, How do I ensure that it really is set as a volume peddle and how do I make sure the foot travel brings the peddle to full volume when depressed fully?

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:33 pm
Bad Mister

How do I ensure that it really is set as a volume peddle and how do I make sure the foot travel brings the peddle to full volume when depressed fully?

Make sure the pedal you are plugging into Foot Controller 1 is the recommended Yamaha FC7 pedal.

Yamaha FC7

Posted : 12/05/2019 7:45 pm
 Ken
Eminent Member

Is that the only pedal that can be used? I find them extremely heavy to use when packing 3 pedals.

Posted : 16/05/2019 6:44 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Other pedals have had success but it is hit-and-miss since the FC7 uses a log pot with a value that is not in the majority. If there was a lighter pedal I loved and preferred - I'd probably have a tech rework it with FC7 compatible components.

Posted : 16/05/2019 7:49 pm
Bad Mister

Is that the only pedal that can be used?

The FC7 is the recommended pedal designed for use with Yamaha Keyboards. Just because other pedals fit the jack does not mean they perform the same.

Posted : 17/05/2019 3:39 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us