Notifications
Clear all

How to shift an FM-X part by an octave?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I was experimenting with some converted DX7 sounds, and made a MODX7 performance with strings in the left hand and brass on the right. However, the strings patch was voiced too low to be used in the lower half of the keyboard.

I couldn't find a note shift function for FM-X parts, so I had to go in operator by operator and raise the coarse level of each one by a factor of 1. For example, if the original operator had a coarse level of 0, I raised it to 1. If it was 1, I raised it to 2.

Is this the correct way to do this? Also, why is there no note shift function on the Part level for FM-X parts in the MODX? Thanks!

Posted : 25/11/2018 5:31 am
Stefan

The note shift is actually there on the part level. Go to the "Part Common" screen, select the "Pitch / Filter" tab, "Pitch" sub tab. There you have the Note Shift for up +/- 2 octaves.

Posted : 25/11/2018 9:43 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

You're right - I totally missed that! I did look in the reference manual and couldn't find it. Thanks, Stefan! 😀

Posted : 25/11/2018 4:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us