Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I dont get my modx to react on program changes.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Modx wont react on programchanges from mainstage at al.
Midi on usb = on
Receive programchanges is on
Sending programchanges wich the modx says in proppertys msb lsb pc
And nothing happens
What am i missing.
With my s90es it works like a charm so mainstage actually sends the stuff.

Thanks

Posted : 30/01/2019 9:02 am
Topic starter

Its Utility Advanced Event chase
Put on pc+ pb + ctrl and it works.?

Posted : 30/01/2019 11:13 am
Bad Mister

Modx wont react on programchanges from mainstage at al.
Midi on usb = on
Receive programchanges is on
Sending programchanges wich the modx says in proppertys msb lsb pc
And nothing happens
What am i missing.
With my s90es it works like a charm so mainstage actually sends the stuff.

Thanks

It most likely because you are sending the wrong MSB/LSB/PC... or you have a wrong setting.
Please provide details ... we cannot guess what you want to recall... we cannot tell how you have your MODX setup to communicate... make believe you were talking to someone who can’t see your instrument or your settings.

Posted : 30/01/2019 12:14 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you're not trying to fast-forward or rewind during MIDI playback (where the program change messages are contained within a stream you are fast forward/reversing through) then "event chase" isn't going to help or hurt you here. Does not apply.

From the reference manual:

Event Chase (Song Event Chase)
Event Chase allows you to specify which non-note data types are properly recognized during fast-forward
and rewind operations. Setting this to a specific event ensures the playback integrity of the event, even
when fast forwarding or rewinding.
Settings: Off, PC (Program Change), PC+PB+Ctrl (Program Change+Pitch Bend+Control Change)

So event chase basically says that while fast-forwarding or rewinding through MIDI data - you have to "skip" over some events by the nature of this kind of thing (can't play all the notes and events while fast forward/reverse). And event chase just says - you can skip over notes and other messages - just do not skip past PC or PC+PB+CC.

... if you reveal what MSB/LSB/PC you're trying to use - there's a 50/50 chance you may be using single-PART instead of multi-PART. Which would not change Performances if you did this. Or there's a chance you're entering in decimal into an interface that expects hex and the numbers are just wrong (although still valid). Or ...

It's just easier to meet you where you're at rather than throw out all the possible stumbling blocks.

Posted : 31/01/2019 9:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us