Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Illegal File

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I recently upgraded my MODXs OS version from 1.0 to 2.5. I made a BACKUP FILE (.X8A file) (following all the steps etc) to a flash memory into my laptop so that I wouldn't be able to lose it. After successfully upgrading the OS i try to import my BACKUP FILE (following all steps) and a message comes up saying ILLEGAL FILE. Please help, ive already tried changing the name of the file, ive already tried a different flash memory, make sure the .X8A is not inside a folder etc, but the problem still persists. I've come to the conclusion that Im willing to downgrade the OS back to the 1.0 if that is what it takes to preserve all the info I had.

Posted : 23/06/2021 3:19 am
Bad Mister

Please for the sake of those trying to help you — this is the place to actually recount exactly what you mean when you say “following all the steps”.

Just on the off chance you missed a few...

When you place the USB stick in your computer what is the exact file name and size?

Posted : 23/06/2021 4:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us