Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Importing Motif/MOXF Performances no longer possible with 2.0?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey guys, I was trying to import some performances from a X3A file today and I noticed that there are no buttons anymore for Voice or Performance import, the previous Import Option area is simply grey rectangle with no buttons.

Is this a known bug or a new 2.0 "feature"? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
Is it limited to MODX only, are the import options still available on Montage 3.0?

Posted : 26/11/2019 11:54 am
Bad Mister

How to Load Legacy “Voices” or “Performances” from Motif XF/MOXF
Insert the USB stick containing your .X3A Motif XF All Data file in the “To Device” port
Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Load”
Set the “Content Type” = USER or LIBRARY depending on where you wish to Load the Performances
Tap the box that is your USB stick to view its contents.

Tap the .X3A file you wish to Load
You will be asked if you want to Load “Voice” or “Perf”

“Voice” will take all 512 User Normal Voices + the 32 User Drum Kits and convert them to the MODX as Single Part Performances.
“Perf” will take all 512 Performances and convert them to MODX as Multi Part Performances.

Once the MODX has translated all the data, you should make a MODX file version of the data for future reference. The MODX File formats (.X8U and .X8L) will load much faster than the translation from XF file format.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 26/11/2019 1:01 pm
Topic starter

Oh, I just realized on which screen is the button moved to. Users and their habits...
So, it is "undocumented feature" after all.
Thanks for the help, Mr. Bad Mister!

Posted : 26/11/2019 1:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us