Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Importing Sounds From Library to User to Keep?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I can't get my head around this, so I've loaded Jamal's Flash Library which is 1gb .x3a file. I only want to keep a handful of the sounds so I figure I can use Library Import and import the individual performances I want, but I can't because my memory is full due to the library file.

How can I get around this? I've got Melas tools.

Posted : 16/01/2020 12:11 pm
Topic starter

I've managed to save a x8a backup file, ive loaded this into melas then removed the waveforms I don't need. However when i load the resaved x8a into MODX it ignores the librarys within that file and I cant find a way to load those.

Posted : 16/01/2020 1:03 pm
Topic starter

I think i've figured that out now, however some of the performances loaded from .x3a files are silent, the waveform is working if imported into another performance and loads fine into melas editor but the original performances with settings etc don't seem to be working?

Posted : 16/01/2020 6:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There is some duplication of the Motif Classic sounds in the Jamal set. These are also in the free set "Inspiration In a Flash" and Jamal's set chooses to include these as a convenience since some prefer the Motif Classic acoustic piano sounds over the newer Motif sounds. However, this content is not compatible with MODX due to encoding and perhaps bit "width". This doesn't cover everything - and you wouldn't be able to load these samples in any performance no matter what you tried to do. So it doesn't match some of the behavior you mention.

Probably if I was seeing the behavior you are seeing - I'd go through the Performances and make sure the elements are turned ON first. And make sure the element levels are reasonable.

Since I don't have the Melas tools - I would first create a backup of my keyboard then wipe it clean so all memory is available. Then load the Jamal original .X3A for conversion into a library slot. Then use library import to select only the keepers and delete the library. Then I'd save user as a library and this would be my new X8L for loading.

If I had space before I started this process (possibly enough for my "lite"/keepers version of the Jamal library) then I'd restore the backup I saved at the start - then load the X8L I created into a library slot along side all of my original data.

Posted : 17/01/2020 8:57 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us