Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is this an Apple problem? What happened to the audio driver !??

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It really does my head in and is infuriating. One minute the MODX driver is setup and working with Cubase and Logic on OSX 10.14.6 (I can't bounce to audio within cubase but at least there are workarounds in logic). Now i have not touched the settings AT ALL either in the DAWS or Apple preferences / audio. But now i revisit a project that worked fine a few weeks ago (as in the audio was routed to MODX and so could be played via the MODX via headphones or speakers from the DAW). So I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE SETTINGS on either DAW or computer. Yet when i now go to the project and play there is no sound. I check preferences and the MODX driver / option has disappeared. I go to Apple preferences / audio and the MODX driver / option has also disappeared. So i can only play thru the mac mini speakers (unacceptable) and the MODX option /driver has disappeared. Is this an Apple thing? It really is infuriating; i have zero desire to spend ages troubleshooting this and reinstalling drivers or operating systems (etc)- it was working and for no reason whatsoever (nothing has been downloaded <>) it now does not work, no audio from project via MODX.

Does anyone have the faintest flying f what is wrong / going on / what causes this? And how to restore / get it working normally again (though nothing had been changed to cause / effect the break).

Posted : 23/09/2023 8:16 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Maybe the USB connection isn't working anymore (failed cable, etc). Maybe MODX isn't in USB mode - you mentioned you didn't change any settings on the DAW or computer but didn't mention the MODX if settings have changed.

Those would be the two most likely things I would start checking. There's less likely stuff - like something else interfering that was installed since it worked.

Posted : 23/09/2023 11:01 pm

Yamaha produced this. Their drivers are horrible people who don't respect or even mock Apple's success. geometry dash

Posted : 05/10/2023 11:21 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us