Notifications
Clear all

midi out

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am using my modx6 to control my synth desktops via midi out to in of my desktops. will there be any problems if I leave the midi cable connected to the out of my modx6 and not have the other end of the cable not connected to anything. I move my desktops around and the space to get to the back of my modx6 is tight. thank you in advance for any replies.......Larry

Posted : 20/01/2022 2:24 pm
Bad Mister

I am using my modx6 to control my synth desktops via midi out to in of my desktops. will there be any problems if I leave the midi cable connected to the out of my modx6 and not have the other end of the cable not connected to anything. I move my desktops around and the space to get to the back of my modx6 is tight. thank you in advance for any replies.......Larry

In order to properly connect your MODX to a computer you would use a USB cable (not a MIDI cable)… we’ll assume you mean a USB cable (there hasn’t been a computer with a 5-pin MIDI connection since the 1990s).

It is absolutely fine to leave USB (or MIDI cables) connected to your MODX - since both protocols require two-way communication, if the computer is not On, and running a program that can send/receive MIDI or Audio commands, nothing bad will happen. In order for it to even interfere, communication from both sides (host computer and synth device) would need to be established.

Posted : 20/01/2022 6:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us