Clear all

ModX connection

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi folks. Is there any preference as to which is the best set up and which cables are used?
This is my current set up:
ModX to Mackie mix8. Mix 8 to the main pa board. I'm using balanced stereo cables from ModX to the Mackie Line ins using two channels one panned left one panned right.
Is this the right set up for live gigs? Should I be using TRS to XLR from keyboard to mix 8 then two balanced XLRs from mackie to main board?
Thanks for the input

John

Posted : 04/04/2022 5:22 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

MODX is unbalanced. So balanced cables, if that's what you want, would need a DI box.

Hard panning isn't needed if the board treats the inputs as a stereo pair. But not necessarily an issue.

Posted : 04/04/2022 7:14 pm
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you and that makes ton's of sense. I did have another question. I'm sure I have screwed something up here.
Using the set up as described, I'm trying to get a signal back from the main board into the mix-8, then out of the mix- 8 to my QSC monitor. This way I can get the mix out of my QSC to my linking balancing the rest of the band from one channel and my keys on another by adjusting the volumes on the two channels from the mix-8. The issue is I get damaging feedback to my QSC when I attempt to do this. I'm using an Aux Out of the main board, to a channel into the mix 8. Then CR-Out from the mix 8 to the QSC. I'm wondering if this is even a possibility. I'm thinking that maybe sending a signal out of the mix 8 to the main board, then a signal from the main board back to the mix 8 is causing some sort of "discontent" between the boards?
I'm extremely thankful for any input here (no pun intended)
Best to all,
John

Posted : 06/04/2022 2:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us