Notifications
Clear all

MODX digital output to Sound System?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister,

(a) I need to drive a 'digital' sound system from a MODX 7.

By digital I mean once past the front end AD converter we stay in the digital domain until the speaker amplifiers. Do I rely on the unbalanced Left and Right outputs before converting; or is it possible to come out of MODX 7's USB port into an audio interface with a digital output? Or use a decent USB to SPDIF converter? Then a short cable to an AES input.

The better question is probably: how do the tour guys do the above? Forgive my ignorance on this one. Thank you.

(b) On a related note, with a professional 30 Hz response subwoofer, playing the Bosendorfer download, what are the experiences of the Forum? How does this actually work out with 76 keys?

Vernon

Posted : 30/01/2021 8:58 pm

I've never heard of a USB to SPDIF converter other than a computer πŸ˜‰

Seems to me you need to connect the L/R outs to an A/D of some sort.

Posted : 01/02/2021 5:07 pm
Eminent Member

Hi Vernon:

You arrive late to this discussion, this issue has been discused widly and deeply when the Montage was just released.

Yamaha has locked this discussion, like many others, with seven keys and cuted the tongue of all of their employees that want to talk about it.

The official reply is NO; No because we donΒ΄twant!!! , enough and shut up!!

If you insist you will discover that your posts will be banned misteriously.

There are two issues about is not possible to talk.

1) How to redirect the Digital Output 2 to a third party hardware for to route the signal to a digital output like SP/DIF, AES/EBU, MADI or what you want

2) The other, is why it is not possible to change the MIDI Input Channel of each part of a Performance.
An ability that near almost any synthesizer have.

For to do what you need it is necessary an auxiliary software, most of us use VB Audio Voicemeeter (there are several versions with more or less channels).
It is very good and most of the times works properly, good means good, not perfect.
visit "vb-audio(dot)com"

Posted : 02/02/2021 12:17 am
Bad Mister

I need to drive a 'digital' sound system from a MODX 7.

By digital I mean once past the front end AD converter we stay in the digital domain until the speaker amplifiers. Do I rely on the unbalanced Left and Right outputs before converting; or is it possible to come out of MODX 7's USB port into an audio interface with a digital output?

Connect the MODX using the unbalanced Main L/R Output to your Audio Interface. Your Audio Interface will do all A-to-D and D-to-A conversion for your computer.

If you are recording to a computer, laptop or iOS device, you can connect using the built-in audio interface of the MODX.
You cannot connect the MODX digitally to another Audio interface (unless it can host external devices).
If you are using an external audio interface connect the MODX to it via analog cables.

The Digital USB β€œTo Host” audio output from the MODX can be connected to a Mac or Windows PC using the β€œYamaha Steinberg USB Driver” or any class compliant host.

Posted : 02/02/2021 3:17 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us