Clear all

modx drums

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

salve a tutti. Sto lavorando sui drums. Ma è un po' di giorni che sto avvertendo qualcosa di strano: Ascoltando gli arpeggi di batterie preset, avverto suoni strani, come se l'audio fosse effettato da flanger o chorus,o phaser... Specialmente nei snares e rides. Eppure non ho modificato nulla, tranne il fatto che il suono entra prima in un korg kaoss pad (senza effetti selezionati) e poi nella scheda audio Behringer umc 404. Non ho provato a fare entrare l'output del modx direttamente nella scheda, per problemini relativi ai posizionamenti dei cavi, ma ho ascoltato direttamente in cuffia e il risultato mi pare lo stesso. Ascoltando altre drums tipo addictive drums, che passano sempre nel kaoss e poi nella scheda, non avverto quei disturbi. Cosa sarà?

Posted : 27/12/2021 4:14 pm
Antony
Estimable Member

Igor wrote (translated).

"Hello everyone. I am working on drums. But I have been experiencing something strange for a few days: Listening to the preset drum arpeggios, I hear strange sounds, as if the audio was effected by flanger or chorus, or phaser ... Especially in snares and rides. Yet I have not changed anything, except the fact that the sound goes first in a korg kaoss pad (with no effects selected) and then in the Behringer umc 404 sound card. I have not tried to get the modx output directly into the card, due to problems related to the placements of the cables, but I have listened directly through the headphones and the result seems the same to me. Listening to other drums such as addictive drums, which always pass in the kaoss and then in the card, I don't feel those disturbances. What will be?"

@Igor...

#1 Isolate the MODX. Disconnect the Korg Kaos and Behringer.

Try listening again to the MODX alone in Local Control. Does the problem still occur?

I suspect what you may be hearing is TWO Sounds... "Doubled".

One sound is Direct.
The 2nd Sound (is a copy) and is Delayed by 10-20ms (this is called LAG, and may be due to processing or a longer signal path... from MODX to your ears). This often sounds like Flanging or Chorus.

Posted : 27/12/2021 10:56 pm
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

grazie Antonio, proverò.

Posted : 28/12/2021 9:15 pm
Bad Mister

… except the fact that the sound goes first in a korg kaoss pad (with no effects selected) and then in the Behringer umc 404 sound card. I have not tried to get the modx output directly into the card, due to problems related to the placements of the cables…

If the Behringer umc 404 (?) is your audio interface, you must connect all audio devices to it (this means connecting the Main L/R Outputs of the MODX to the audio interface using standard signal cables)… and the audio interface should Output to your speakers.

Your issue is with getting audio from the MODX into the computer properly when using the Behringer as your audio interface. Please consult the documentation that came with the Behringer.

Posted : 04/01/2022 2:31 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us