MODX Live Sets

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi there

I have configured some live sets for different bands I'm playing in.

I have a live set for Band A and another for Band B.

I have some performances which are in both band A and Band B live sets.

If I do any edits on one of these performances, say within band A live set, then am I right in believing that it only changes the copy in the live set in which I am working at that time?

Posted : 11/04/2024 2:35 am
Prominent Member

If I do any edits on one of these performances, say within band A live set, then am I right in believing that it only changes the copy in the live set in which I am working at that time?

Sorry to say that is not correct. You can do a simple test that will show you if you change a performance each live set slot will have those changes.

A live set slot does NOT contain a copy of a performance. It simply contains a reference to a performance.

If you need two variations of a performance then you need to copy the performance and change the copy.

Be sure to give the copy a different name because, surprisingly, Yamaha will allow you to use the same name for multiple performances and that will cause trouble.

Now you need to point one live set slot to performance A and the other slot to performance B.

You might want to use a different live set page or even bank to keep you live sets for each band separate.

Posted : 11/04/2024 3:53 am
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Andrew,

That makes sense.  I'm afraid I have some different performances with the same name as I create a performance for one band of a certain song, and then months/years later forget that I've already created a performance for that song, so create a new one with the same name.

Yes I do keep separate live set banks and /or pages for different bands.

Posted : 11/04/2024 4:20 am
Prominent Member

I'm afraid I have some different performances with the same name

The thing is that there isn't any way to tell them apart to know which version has which changes.

You can sort by 'date' on the category search screen and it will list them in order with the  oldest first but you can't actually see a 'date' to know when each version was created.

My only concern was to make you aware of the issue. Since you are aware of the potential for confusion how you name things is up to you so please don't take my comments personally.

Posted : 11/04/2024 4:35 am
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Andrew,

No offence taken  -I actually knew about the issue with different performances being able to have the same name however as I said the time factor meant I had forgotten that I had already created a performance for the particular song(s).

Posted : 11/04/2024 4:59 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us