Notifications
Clear all

MODX+ Mainstage+¿lifejacket?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello!

I've just purchased a MODX7 that I'm going to use combining sounds from the MODX and the Mainstage, sometimes at the same time, sometimes just the MODX or Mainstage. The audio interface that I'm using is the MODX itself, using the analog outputs.

I've configured the MODX to use it with Mainstage without suffering the return midi notes from the MODX itself.

But, and here is the problem, I have realized that if I configure the MODX to work like that, the keyboard is going to sound just only when the Mainstage is operating. What I'm saying is that if you are playing live and the Mainstage crashes, the MODX will not be able to send any audio from Mainstage (obviously) but most important is that it won't be able to send any audio from the MODX itself! That could be a very big problem if you want to have the MODX like a lifejacket to directly make any sound if the Mac turns off or some other things...

I know that if Mainstage crashes is our own problem, but it would be very helpful to know any configuration to work with a setup like mine and have the MODX like a circus net sounding if everything is going wrong. I know I could go to Utility and put the monitor back on, but, in a live situation, there would be a few seconds of panic and looking for the correct configuration to maintaining the gig alive.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

Posted : 14/01/2020 3:34 am
Bad Mister

I've configured the MODX to use it with Mainstage without suffering the return midi notes from the MODX itself.

? ? ? What does this mean, sorry, I don’t know this configuration. Or what it is you have configured.

Posted : 14/01/2020 5:30 am
Topic starter

I have used the configuration that you recommend in that post:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/modx-with-mainstage-audio-and-program-changes

Thank you!

Posted : 14/01/2020 12:29 pm
Bad Mister

Frankly, I couldn’t live like that... thinking my computer is going to crash. If what you are describing is Local Control = Off, then the solution is simple: if your Mac crashes or you trip over the cable and disconnect it, just turn Local Control = On.

“Life jacket”? ... when on a vacation cruise, simple know where your life jacket is... don’t wear it all the time! You must learn to relax...

Posted : 14/01/2020 4:31 pm
Topic starter

I'm freaking out with your irony, especially knowing that you're working for Yamaha. Quite professional.

In 90 gigs that I made that last year, I've suffered to big crashes from my Mainstage, so obviously I'm not taking risks with this new setup.

I'm imaging that if I combine MODX sounds and the sounds of the Mainstage maybe the Mac would be more CPU free.

So even, thank you for your advice, Bad Mister.

Posted : 14/01/2020 9:37 pm
Bad Mister

I have not heard of MainStage crashing... you should have your Mac looked into.

You might want to try Camelot Pro... there is a (no risk) promotion going on right now. Camelot Pro will allow you to perhaps relax. Not sure what type of life jacket you are looking for... if Local Control is Off, you know that disconnects your keyboard from its Tone Generator. You do have to manually make that setting. If you prepare for this, you’ll recover.

Read about it here: Camelot Pro
I believe the free trial has been extended....

Posted : 14/01/2020 10:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us