Clear all

MODX Performance questions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Everyone, I have two questions for you gurus. I'm setting up a performance consisting of a piano part, strings part, piano & strings layer preset part , and sax part. Utilizing the Scenes function as follows:
Scene one is piano only. Scene two is a Piano & strings layer preset, Scene three is the Paino & Strings layer and a Sax with a split keyboard sax on right. So, now I want to add a Scene four with the same Piano as in Scene one but with a specified area on the keyboard, and a strings patch and sax all with their own area on the keyboard. Having trouble with adding the Piano in Scene four (the same piano as in scene one). I need the piano in Scene one to utilize the entire keyboard, but in Scene four only a specified amount of keys. Can I have two of the same sound set in different parts?

Second questions, on the Piano & Strings Layer, I goto edit, then find the element that the strings are one, and am looking to see how, if possible, to increase the volume those elements pertaining to the strings only, leaving the piano element at it's existing volume. Is that possible?

I really appreciate all the help and expertise you all provide especially in this first year of "learning" this awesome instrument.

Best always, Johnny Ack.

Posted : 15/11/2022 9:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Scenes cannot store note ranges so you cannot use scenes for that. You can create two Parts of the same sound and in one Part you have the full keyboard and in the second additional Part you added, set the key range to what you want. Then in scene 4 pick this not-full-keyboard-range piano instead of the full range one.

The easiest way to deal with setting volumes is to remove existing superknob assignments and then take say the strings - select that Part - then touch the Volume meter on the home screen. Your [CONTROL ASSIGN] light should light up. Press [CONTROL ASSIGN] then turn the superknob. Assign the destination to Volume (for the string Part - which is the Part you're editing). Now you can use the superknob position which scenes can store and each scene could set the string volume differently if you want. You'd also have an always-there knob to adjust the string volume and a footpedal if you have an expression pedal that (it's a default setting for Preset content) is programmed to modulate Super Knob.

There's other ways.

Posted : 16/11/2022 2:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us