Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX recognized by Mac, won't connect to MODX Connect

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Apologies for reposting this, but my original post from about a week ago has mysteriously been deleted and I have been unable to sign in to the forum to reply for that whole time as well?

I'm running an intel i9 Macbook Pro on Big Sur 11.6
My steinberg drivers are all up to date (3.0.5), my MODX is up to date (2.52), and MODX Connect is the most recent (1.1.0).

My computer recognizes the MODX (accessible in Audio Midi Setup) and it will transmit MIDI data, but it only shows Offline in MODX Connect and I can't get it to pass audio over USB. I also can't get it to connect or sync with Soundmodo.

This seems to be a common problem for many people (for quite some time) and the fact that my last post about it was mysteriously deleted has me a bit skeptical. Is there a solution in the works or is this a lost cause?

I love the MODX and am super happy with it, just want to know if I'm wasting my time running in circles to get these features to work. For me they would be awesome, but are secondary. Just tired of losing time trying to get them up and running.

Posted : 21/01/2022 4:05 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

A series of emails were deleted based on date seemingly - not content. MIDI.ORG and Yamaha share the same forum code and midi.org has the newer look while the Yamaha forum struggled updating - so is reverted back. In doing so it looks like some messages were lost during the backup restore.

Posted : 21/01/2022 8:42 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

Apologies for the forum interruption.

Are you trying to use Connect in Logic Pro? If so, the AU version of MODX Connect works in Big Sur on Apple Silicon only. Our developers are aware and looking into it. Intel macs running Big Sur use Rosetta, and currently the AU version of Connect isn't functioning under Rosetta. Apple Silicon works under "native" mode, and the AU version of Connect DOES work in this environment. Currently the VST version of Connect is the only one that works in both Intel and Apple Silicon systems running Big Sur (and above).

Posted : 21/01/2022 9:13 pm
Topic starter

Oh ok, thanks for the info on what happened with the forums!

I've tried connect in as AU in logic and ableton, as well as VST in ableton, as well as standalone and none of them work.

I guess I'll just keep my eye out for an update then. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted : 22/01/2022 12:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us