Notifications
Clear all

MODX Sending MIDI PC.

16 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

What I read is Boss has one 1-127 and Strymon has 2-3 depending on the pedal. Banks A,B or A,B,C. And each bank has 100 PC values (0-99 for zero based or 1-100 ones based). The Boss is therefore PC only. Strymon you would (if using a different bank than "default" upon power-on) send the MSB too to switch the bank. Hydrasynth doesn't use MSB for the bank but uses LSB (set at 0-4). I don't know where your patches are to know if you ned to send LSB or not.

That's the spread. The MODX can do it - program zones with one Part per target device. Your pedals themselves can do this - line up your saved programs on the same PC values and then MODX just uses one Part to send a single PC. Or software can do this where you do mostly the same setup but in software land and carry another device. I don't have a best route because it depends on some details. I'd probably get an idea of the approaches and pick the lightest lift that would also be an investment in lowering the lift in the future. You could throw a dart and do it that way. There's not a wrong path - only ones that take shorter and longer and are easier or more difficult to maintain. Understanding the options allows for you to be the best one to pick the path.

Posted : 05/06/2022 2:27 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us