Notifications
Clear all

Modx: seq/arp scheme

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi to all my friends, I am a very happy owner of modx6. I'm noticing a lot of potential with firmware 2.0. But I think that, at least for the realization of the sequences / arpeggios, a schematic "workflow" on how to start from scratch could be very useful. Is anyone able to do it? I would need a very simple scheme, step by step ...

Posted : 26/11/2019 8:06 am
Bad Mister

First, thing to know is there is no one-way to proceed. There are two articles (links below) that will take you through the basic skills you will need in order to record to the Sequencer.

Put together several instruments in a Performance.
You can start with an already made Performance or you can assemble the instruments you wish to record into a Performance.
So before you can record to the sequencer, you should at least partially master the skill of putting a Performance together. You can always add more instruments at a later time... there are 16 Tracks. But it is a good “best practice” to assemble a few sounds before beginning so that you can proceed smoothly.

Once you have a few instruments in your Performance you can call up a new Sequence location to record your data.
Hitting the [RECORD] button will take you to a NEW recording.
Touching “Play/ Rec” will take you to the most recently recalled Sequencer item.

Link: See this post for a step-by-step

EXTRA CREDIT: Tutorials
Tutorial articles: the first gives an overview of the Performance Recorder options, the second takes you step-by-step through a basic workflow. Try them... if you get stuck or have a question post back here.

Mastering MONTAGE/MODX: Pattern Sequencer Features

Mastering MONTAGE/MODX: Pattern Workflow

Posted : 26/11/2019 11:40 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted : 26/11/2019 1:56 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us