Clear all

MODX Sysex Further Applications

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The other "HOWTO" thread was meant more for how to get started. This one I'm hoping will funnel away some of the application of Sysex - which is different from just being able to use the mechanism and follow the data list.

The latest from the other thread was the observance that H/M/L address of 00/7F/00 seems to be reported back from a bulk dump but is not documented. I have a Montage, not MODX - but my experiments have shown:

addr of 00/7F/00 parameter read returns 01 as a single byte of data.
addr of 00/7F/01 parameter read returns 00 as a single byte of data
addr of 00/7F/02 parameter read returns 00 as a single byte of data
addr of 00/7F/03 parameter read returns 00 as a single byte of data
addr for L>03 and H/M=00/7F seems to be invalid (keyboard error messages).

Trying to write to all 4 of the above bytes does not cause an error - but does not seem to change anything. Data read back is still the same as before parameter change. Conclusion/guess is that these registers are read-only. Meaning is unknown. Possible this is a flag (00/7F/00) for debug build vs. production build. That's a wild guess. I don't think there is much of interest you can do with this/these bytes.

Posted : 14/11/2019 9:38 pm
 Jean
Eminent Member

Exactly the same thing and observations on Modx.

Posted : 14/11/2019 9:51 pm
 Jean
Eminent Member

Reloading some old perfs from Montage and Modx my soft have saved on disk with my own format( I save all blocs I receive on disk).
It seems that bloc 00.7F.00 appears only since OS V2.0 for Modx.
For Montage I have only saved perfs with OS until V2 and bloc 00.7F.00 is absent.

Posted : 14/11/2019 10:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us