Clear all

Modx volume issue

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok Gurus..... I've had the Mod X now for about 2 months. Getting a good grip on it all. (using in the band live). I'm having an issue with volumes. I get to an "INT" pick say a ele. piano, then pick a string sound, and then maybe a horn sound. So I have one performance with 3 parts. I store everything and add it to a live set. When I recall the performance from Live set, all the parts are there, but when I play it live, I find out I have to adjust the volumes of each part, but can not store the new volume setting. Once I go from one scene to another, the "new:" volumes I set are gone and the original volumes are there again.
Any Ideas what this old fat guy is missing?
Thanks

Posted : 16/02/2022 8:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When you change the volumes of Parts this doesn't change the scene volumes if you have the "mixer" memory turned on which is the scene memory which memorizes volume levels. You would need to be sure to adjust the volumes in the scenes too by pressing [SHIFT] + the scene button.

So, first recall the scene (say press scene 1 button) so everything in your scene is set as that scene button. Then adjust the levels. Then press [SHIFT] + the scene button you pressed to save the changes to the scene. Do this for all scenes. And now - just because you [SHIFT] "saved" the scenes does not mean these are saved to your Performance. Now you need to save the Performance. Last, for good measure, delete the Live Set for this Performance and re-add it since you've made changes to the Performance and it may not be in the same location (depends on if you rename it or not).

Alternatively, if you don't want the volumes to be saved and changed from their programmed values - you can turn off the Mixer memory which saves Part volume under scenes.

Posted : 16/02/2022 8:45 pm
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thats great!!! Thank you so much, can't wait to get home and try this. Thank you!

Posted : 16/02/2022 9:09 pm
Bad Mister

We have posted a tutorial and a download that goes over how to create a 3-way Performance where you have the ability to morph between them with the SuperKnob/FC7 or you can use the [SCENE] buttons to directly select Super Knob position, and you have individual Volume Controls on the Assign Knobs 1, 2 and 3. The example for the tutorial uses acoustic piano, strings and electric piano but you are free to choice whatever sounds you desire.

Please see the following article: Link-- Three way Super Knob Transition

And here is a link to a SOUNDMONDO download (which can load to the MONTAGE or MODX): __ https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/voices/27455

Posted : 19/02/2022 1:20 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The tutorial uses superknob to control the volume of 3 Parts with the thought you could have superknob give you more control over mixing the 3. Kind of like having "1" "1+2" "1+2+3" "2+3" and "3" and different points between. This may also get you where you want differently - or maybe not. But it's another way to control volumes of multiple Parts. Superknob position could be stored by scenes - so scenes can pick different "combinations". Although this approach doesn't give you as many choices for relative levels as scenes that directly set Part volumes - it does give you a knob that can be used to "smoothly" transition through different levels as opposed to "snapping" to levels. That is, when manually (or automating) twisting the knob.

Posted : 19/02/2022 2:43 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us