Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX8 Mute & Slide Vel instrument question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi gang, I had a question for one of the instruments on the MODX8 keyboard: Mute & Slide Vel
I love the muted part of this instrument when you play it really soft, but I'm not as big a fan when you play the key hard and it clicks in to the other guitar sample.
Is there a way to edit this instrument so it just keeps the muted part? Or at least trigger the other guitar part at a way higher volume of pressing the key?

There is another muted guitar: FM Mute E. Gt that is not that bad either, but I like the Mute & Slide Vel better.
There is also the Steel Slide Vel instrument, but I have to hold down the Assign 1 button the whole time to get the cool muted sound.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted : 02/07/2019 5:13 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks for the question.

You can take any portion of the programming of a Performance and make it into exactly what you need.
As you can see from the screenshot below, the Part is made from 5 Elements.

Press [EDIT]
Select the Part containing “Mute & Slide Vel”
Along the bottom of the screen you’ll see access to the Elements
Touch “All” to see the details of the Oscillators...

The Mute Element is covering velocities 1-80. from C-2 thru B5
On this screen you can turn Off Switches (SW) for Elements 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Then change the Velocity Range for Element 1 to cover 1-127 (it is doubtful you'll need this sound to go above B5 but you can if you wish)...

When you go to STORE this rename it something appropriate.
Thanks again for the question

Hope that helps.

Posted : 02/07/2019 5:46 pm
Topic starter

You rock. And the screenshots were a fantastic help.

Posted : 02/07/2019 6:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us