Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX8 to Mainstage patch changing> which socket for Boss FS 5U?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello all

I am setting up a Mainstage (3.5) concert with many patch changes (330 with multiple sounds per patch).

I am using my MODX8 as the master keys, using sustain pedal and expression. I also have a Boss FS 5U for patch changing (up) BUT I can't get Mainstage to recognise the Boss FS. HELP? Which socket out of MODX should I use and how should I set it up?

Posted : 04/01/2022 5:28 pm
Bad Mister

I am using my MODX8 as the master keys, using sustain pedal and expression. I also have a Boss FS 5U for patch changing (up) BUT I can't get Mainstage to recognise the Boss FS. HELP? Which socket out of MODX should I use and how should I set it up?

Plug the momentary pedal in the Assignable Foot Switch jack on the back panel of the MODX.

You can set what it Sends Out via MIDI
Press [UTILITY] > touch “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > find “FS ASSIGN” (Foot Switch Assign). This setting will be global.
Sorry, I’m not aware of what setting you need for MainStage— consult their documentation.

Posted : 05/01/2022 2:35 pm
Topic starter

😀

Many Thanks - you have helped me solve my problem.

For info "FS ASSIGN" has a number of options including "Live Set+" which is the setting for patch advance for MODX only - not Main Stage. However, the number "21" appeared on my Main Stage Layout Page when I attempted to set up the pedal. I found the number "21" in the MODX "FS ASSIGN" options and have now successfully set up patch advance via MODX to Main Stage.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Posted : 05/01/2022 4:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us