Notifications
Clear all

MODX8

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello mate.

My MODX8's some keybeds(G1,G1#,A1,A1#,B1,C2 = 11th~16th, total 6 keys from leftside) are not working today.
When I test on performance mode - [ Part Note ] screen, on the right bottom keybed minimap also didn't display key input signal (Yellow, Sky blue colour) those keys area. I've tested all soft of factory reset, firmware update (2.5.0 -> 2.5.2 -> 2.0.0 -> 2.5.2 all the same situation).
I assume it might be hardware problem, not a software itself.
How can I fix this problems? it already 2 years old synth so expired warranty as well.
I need to fix it up by myself so I need your kindly help for this stuffs.

Cheers
Ben

Attached files

Posted : 13/04/2022 4:23 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Groupings of 6 keys, and specifically this group, shares the same cathode connections for all diodes associated with the groups of 6 keys and this happens to be one of those groupings. Given the failure signature, it's likely a problem with this line.

Could be a simple connector issue or something else. I don't have MODX8 schematics to be more specific, but I reference MOXF and the electronics/technology hasn't changed much for keyboard scanning.

Posted : 13/04/2022 6:38 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us