Notifications
Clear all

MODX(Montage) and Arpeggiator on Daw.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys!
I just bought a modx7. I want to use the arpeggiator of modx and play back or record with software instruments on Daw. But the keys actually pressed of the keyboard are also played at the same time as the arpeggio. For example, if I play c major chord with a arpeggiator, I hear this original c major chord I played at the same time as the arpeggio. Also, these notes are recorded until note off(release). Therefore It's a bothert to edit midi later, because I have to erase the overlapping notes.
How can I output just only arpeggio notes from mods as midi? Do I have to set it somewhere?
My setting: modx and mac are connected by USB, I tried both logic and cubase.
Sorry for my bad english...Thank you for your help! πŸ™‚ regards, Hisi.

Posted : 21/07/2020 9:16 pm
Bad Mister

Mastering MODX: Arp Record on DAW

Here is a getting started guide. This covers recording MODX Arps to the DAW. If you get stuck post back here.
When you want to send the output of an Arpeggiator to a plug-in synth, you must setup a Part slot to control the external device. Start by learning how to tigger the MODX, then tackle how to route your control notes to external devices... this involves setting up Zone control

When the the MODX is set to send ARP data Out via MIDI, you select the KEY MODE that determines whether your controlling notes trigger the Tone Generator directly or whether they get β€œsorted” by the Arpeggiator. You do this on a Part by Part basis.

Posted : 22/07/2020 2:18 am
Topic starter

I solved the problem. The instrument I selected was a multi-part performance and all the instruments were sent to my DAW. I chose only one performance and it worked. It's a very elementary mistake, but some people like me may make a mistake... Thank you Bad Mister!

Posted : 22/07/2020 7:42 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us