Notifications
Clear all

Motif/MODX Voice Transfer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys,

First time poster, i've been using and getting to grips with the MODX for the last year or so.

Before the MODX I had a Motif 6 Classic, It died an untimely demise unfortunately, I managed to get the dosh back on insurance, so all is well, as I've definitely ended up with a better synth.

Question I'm sure you can anticipate, do we know of any Voice Editor/Synth utility that can convert some of the files that I have from the Motif - I still have the Smartmedia card (128mb wow wow wee wow!!) I'm quite keen to see if I can get some of my performances, (4 parts) and voices that i made over the 12/14 years I had the unit onto the the MODX. Cos why on earth not? 🙂

Any thoughts would be appreciated, i've nto got high hopes myself.

I'm based on Mac OS Majove.

Posted : 15/01/2020 4:02 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The core sample set of the Motif Classic is not inside the MODX. Some of the "best of" stuff was carried forward as far as Motif XF in the form of expansion sound packs for those keyboards (and previous keyboards). But Montage/MODX dropped compatibility with those - so things like the Motif Classic piano sounds unique to that gen are not in MODX nor is there is a supplementary pack with these that is compatible.

There are things carried forward or very similar from the Motif Classic days. There's not, however, an automated way to just import that material in.

I had the second generation - Motif ES (actually a MO6). And even this gen I had to manually convert anything I wanted over. I was able to find preset samples that were close enough and the original structure (parameter names, values, etc) were close enough that I could put humpty dumpty back together again with a lot of work. I manually mapped which screens in my MO6 mapped to which parameters in the "MODX". I could then manually construct what I needed using pictures from my MO6.

That was a lot of work so I only kept a few of the Performances that I felt had lots of original work to construct. Otherwise I started from scratch.

Posted : 15/01/2020 5:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us