Notifications
Clear all

MOXF Masters to MODX LiveSets

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Love my new MODX7!

As I transition from MOXF6 as my master keyboard midi'd to my Montage 8... how do i take my master settings to modx? since MODX uses the LIVESET concept.
All my MOXF settings have my PGM changes all setup already (MSB/LSB, SYSEX) to control my Montage8. It would nice to take those settings over the MODX.

Any help would be appreciated !

Posted : 29/09/2018 6:03 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, as you know Master settings are inside each performance on MODX like it is on Montage.
Live Set are, to simplify, as computer shortcut, except volume control and performance selection, there is no other setting to "control" your performance master settings.
Live set select the performance == the performance with master settings send the settings to the other keyboard/rack, in your case your Montage.

You need to go in each of your MODX performance, active master for the parts it need and assign the MSB/LSB/PC ....manualy.

Posted : 29/09/2018 6:24 pm

Thanks! Will give it a shot. So basically, i will have to reenter all those PGM changes(msb/lsb), there is no way to copy that over.

Posted : 29/09/2018 7:53 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

After converting your MOXF Performances over to MODX - look at the PARTs' Zone Transmit settings. The Zone Master switch has to be set to ON first. If the Zone Transmit information for MSB+LSB+PC do not have the same values as your MOXF (or the Transmit ZONE is turned OFF and not initialized at all) - then you'll have to do this manually. I'm not sure if this is a "feature" that the MOXF to MODX conversion has or not. Yamaha may be able to address this directly and perhaps "jot down" the feedback, if it does not convert, to think about adding this as a feature.

Posted : 30/09/2018 5:27 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi.
Master settings on MOXF (MSB/LSB/PC, volume, pan ...) are in Master Mode not in performance mode, it's a separate mode.

When you load your MOXF performance on MODX by selecting "Performance", MODX load only your performances, nothing else, it do not load and integrate data from MODX master mode to include them in MOXF performance mode as far i know.

You need to reenter all those PGM changes(msb/lsb/pc) manually.

That's one of the reason that i have choose to keep my Motif XfF as master Keyboard for the Montage, no need to reenter my data.

Posted : 30/09/2018 8:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us