Notifications
Clear all

MSB/LSB/PC info from DAW

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 andy
Topic starter

Can someone please help me; I have a MODX-8 and want to send MSB, LSB, PC information to the synth from Sonar Daw.
I am able to sent PC change from the midi track parameters, but unable to get to the bank I desire, when I make adjustments
in the "Instrument Definition" screen, I lose it all, and can't communicate with the MODX at all.
I want to learn how to send proper bank change and voice change as a sequence is progressing without taking my hands off the keyboard.

Posted : 10/01/2019 6:16 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

MSB/LSB/PC combinations are published in the Data List. Or, alternatively, you can go to the Performance properties (touch the Performance name in the home screen and choose the properties menu) which will tell you the MSB/LSB/PC for the current Performance.

How this works on Sonar is documented by them. I don't have Sonor, so I cannot go beyond that unless I crack open the book. Not doing that right now.

Posted : 12/01/2019 5:49 am
Bad Mister

Sonar used a single Bank number (requires a little math to figure it out)

You take the MSB value multiply it 128, then add the LSB value = Bank number.

If for example you want to recall the first sound on Page 1 of the active “Live Set”. These begin with MSB 62; the LSB increments for each of the sixteen Pages, each Page has 16 PCs.
MSB 62, LSB 0

(62x128) + 0 = Bank number
7936 + 0 = Bank number
7936 = Bank number for Live Sets
This Bank Select will recall an entire Performance (16 Parts)

If for example, you want to recall Single Part programs per channel... these programs begin with MSB 63; the LSB increments for each set of 128 programs in the Bank.
MSB 63, LSB 0 (through to MSB 63, LSB 79)

(63x128) + 0 = Bank number
(8064) + 0 = Bank number
8064 = Bank number for Single Part Performances
This will recall a Single Part on the corresponding MIDI channel.

If, for example, you want to recall Multi Part Performance not used in a Live Set... these begin
MSB 64, LSB 0 (through to MSB 64; LSB 79)

(64x128) + 0 = Bank number
(8192) + 0 = Bank number
8192 = Bank number for Multi Part Performances

Posted : 12/01/2019 9:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us