Clear all

Octave

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Kay
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi if I create performance I want in channel 1, left-hand side, it’s octave +2up and
Channel 2, sound octave 0 right-hand side, but I don't know how, please tell me where is internal octave settings in modx?
I use modx PC editor it’s all function are same as like modx internal, please see pic.
I also check all inside modx but I don’t seen indusial sound octave settings.

Attached files

Posted : 04/10/2019 10:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Use "note shift". You'll find it in MODX or the software. For 2 octaves up, use 24 as the value (+24). Note shift shifts by semi-tones (chromatic half steps) - so +12 would be up one octave and +24 is up two. +1 would be up a half step.

Posted : 05/10/2019 4:44 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Here's a video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21wEa-jp4_4

It covers shifting more than 2 octaves (in which case, you'd have to do more than just note shift alone) - but it does cover the standard note shift which is all you need.

At this time in the video (136 seconds in) - the Note Shift parameter is highlighted. You get there by touching a PART - choosing "Edit" - then "Part Settings" -> "Pitch" tabs.
https://youtu.be/21wEa-jp4_4?t=136

Posted : 05/10/2019 5:09 pm
 Kay
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wonderful guide I understand thank-you.:)
Please tell me one more thing, I have connect modx with Cubase in my laptop thru USB to host, midi record very nicely + audio record properly but after audio recording when I play solo audio track so there is no sound, I have screen short please see in audio track proper record.

Attached files

Posted : 05/10/2019 10:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Review this document:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/modx-category/mastering-modx-audio-record-on-daw-part-1

I'd start with the stereo out bus to make sure that's properly assigned.

Posted : 05/10/2019 10:52 pm
 Kay
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank-you Jason, previously you are very helping so Please I have some more questions;

1) In editor where is each part Insertion Effects & settings, in editor right side section is Effects, there is system effect and master effects, so please guide me.
2) When I volume control in performance part, thru Cubase or modx editor it’s not work properly, even after full down -0 level that sound is not full quiet, bit sound is coming, I think this mater is dry level & part volume. Please how to solve this on Cubase & editor? attach picture.
3) I’m outside to my studio at the moment, I already have alesis F2 expression/volume pedal, I want to know if it’s work with modx same like FC7? Please see attach picture.

Attached files

Posted : 06/10/2019 12:14 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

1) "So please guide me" doesn't really have any specific question or stumbling block expressed. Let me know if there's anything more specific you need help with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65nw4hpcdx0

Previously, BM has pointed to this guide as a reference for effects in Montage (same as MODX): http://www.easysounds.eu/MusicProductionGuide_2017_08_EN.pdf
See the 1st article.

2) It's probably not what you've thought. I would look inside PART 1's "Mod/Control" -> "Control Assign" menu, change the display filter "All", then scroll through all the destinations looking for volume or level as a destination. Because often there can be something else offsetting level so even though you see the main level set to "0" - there's something else offsetting this level to something higher than "0".

3) The Alesis F2 has lots of adjustments - I couldn't find technical specs on the pot used inside - so I can't say for sure. Claims compatibility with "Yamaha" - but who knows what that really means without a compatibility list or more specific technical specs. Not even this list shows the pot range (which seems somewhat adjustable):

http://expressionpedals.com/list-of-expression-pedals

So I'm not sure. You'll have to dig around yourself to find out if anyone has success using these with Yamaha Motifs. Although some claim things work fine - when they do not really allow for full range. I would feel most comfortable having someone measure the range of resistance for the full sweep using both extremes of the calibration adjustment. Also, I'd probably like to know if the pot is linear or log - which changes the "feel" of the travel of the pedal vs. the FC7.

Posted : 06/10/2019 6:16 pm
 Kay
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In MODX come with Cubase AI, please I want to know witch Cubase ai 8,9 &10 ?

Posted : 08/10/2019 11:13 pm
Bad Mister

The version of Cubase AI you get depends totally on when you get your MODX. That is, the day that you download the software, the most recent version is available. If you are registering today that would be Cubase AI 10...

Are you having difficulty finding the recommended Yamaha FC7 Pedal?

Posted : 09/10/2019 11:43 am
 Kay
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister is very importent person, so I will purchase online Yamaha FC7 Pedal.
Please tell me octave numbers is fine in attach picture?
Please see the attached pic and kindly tell me if I have labelled the octave keys correctly?

Attached files

Posted : 13/10/2019 12:32 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, I don’t understand your question (?)

Posted : 13/10/2019 4:01 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

In the picture, the Octave+ button is lit. Bur you cannot tell if it is solid or flashing from a still picture. You would need to document how many times (from the octave- AND octave+ OFF state) you press the octave+ button because each time it shifts the MIDI note to physical key relationship. Where C2 becomes C3 for the first press and C4 for the second press and so on for all the keys.

Posted : 13/10/2019 5:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us