Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pattern problems

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello I just bought a Yamaha MODX 6 and when I'm creating patterns they're dissappearig and flipping to different pattern names and making it impossible to create any music what can I do do resolve this? It's on the latest firmware 2.0

Posted : 19/02/2021 2:02 pm
Member Admin

Before you do anything else, download and update to 2.51 firmware. (backup any custom sounds you've made and want to keep, they're going to get wiped)

And, after installing the firmware, do a initialisation of the device. This is a peculiar "after firmware update reset" that properly resets and restores the the MODX.

Weird things happen if this isn't done.

Posted : 19/02/2021 2:41 pm
Bad Mister

Hello I just bought a Yamaha MODX 6 and when I'm creating patterns they're dissappearig and flipping to different pattern names and making it impossible to create any music what can I do do resolve this? It's on the latest firmware 2.0

From the Performance HOME screen there are several ways to move into the Pattern Sequencer. Each has a purpose and different result.

Method 1: If you press the RECORD button, you will automatically be incremented to a brand new, empty Pattern. This is very important to know. Because if you are attempting to return to some data that you already recorded, you will be left scratching your head as to why you are now looking at an empty Pattern and your previous work is gone from the screen.

Method 2: If, however, you press the Play button or tap “Play/Rec” on the screen you will return to the data you are working on.

Until you are clear on these two methods of moving from the Performance data to the Pattern Sequencer, you will continue to be confused by its behavior. You only want to press the RECORD button when you are already looking at the Pattern Sequencer screen.

Posted : 22/02/2021 11:00 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us