Notifications
Clear all

Possible Keybed Issue

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

I bought a MODX and noticed that some keys were higher than the others. The A keys were higher by up to about 3 mm. The vendor replaced it, and the A keys are about 1 mm higher on this one.

Posted : 09/02/2019 7:54 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

That's about 50x the tolerance for pianos. Not sure where synths fall - but that seems fairly grossly out of regulation.

Posted : 09/02/2019 11:31 pm
 G
Estimable Member

Is it the synth keybed (MODX6, MODX7) or the piano keybed (MODX8)...?

Posted : 09/02/2019 11:52 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

It is an MODX6. I tried to attach a picture, but I was on my phone and the site doesn't accept .jpeg files. Now that I am on a computer I think I can do it.

Posted : 10/02/2019 5:28 am
 G
Estimable Member

That's pretty bad...

And your first one was worse?

There are reports of noisy keys in the 88 keybed MODX models as well.

Posted : 10/02/2019 5:45 pm
Eminent Member

My MODX7 is the same way. Seems that every A key is slightly higher and the B key is slightly lower. The keys in between are...in between, maybe sloping up a tiny bit going up from C to G? Hard to tell without precise measuring tools. You can see it in the picture Mark attached.

It's probably something to do with the internal construction of the keybed. Perhaps some sort of mounting point or screw point near the A/B keys that causes a slight misalignment? Seems to be more or less consistent across the entire length of the keybed.

Posted : 25/09/2019 6:08 pm

Well son of a gun... My MODX7 is the same as yours... slightly elevated A key. I guess I didn't even notice as it doesn't effect playability nor "feel"... but now that you mentioned it... there it is.... and there it will always be... thanks for that. :p

Posted : 01/10/2019 7:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us