Notifications
Clear all

Question about Midi Files

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

With the addition of the pattern sequencer to the MODX is it possible to load and edit MIDI songs with it, or do I need Cubase for that ?

Posted : 29/10/2019 3:52 pm
Bad Mister

It has always been possible to load .mid file to MODX
It has always been possible to export your recordings to the MODX as .mid Files

With the addition of the Pattern Recorder, you can load .mid files of up to 256 Measures to each Pattern Scene
You can export any Pattern Scene as a .mid file

Posted : 29/10/2019 4:23 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It has always been possible to load .mid file to MODX
It has always been possible to export your recordings to the MODX as .mid Files

With the addition of the Pattern Recorder, you can load .mid files of up to 256 Measures to each Pattern Scene
You can export any Pattern Scene as a .mid file

Sorry, is just that I very recently bought the MODX. Just wanted to ask you, if I upload a song that has a track with a click for a drummer when playing live. how can assign the track to a specific output. On the Motif XS and later XF I would assign it to auxiliary outputs. I supposed that the solution for that on the MODX would be to pan it to the left or right of the main out put and send it to the drummer, is this correct ?

Posted : 29/10/2019 9:02 pm
Bad Mister

No. Unfortunately, the MODX does not feature the Assignable Outputs found on the top-of-the-line products (like the XS/XF were when they were out) the MODX is more like the MOX/MOXF that did not feature the extra analog outputs. The MONTAGE features the ability to route the click to the Assignable Outputs.

What I would do is find a solution that could be fed to the rest of the band audibly and send audio or MIDI to the MODX.
The MODX can sync to Audio In or to MIDI Clock In.

I do not recommend sending just the left or right channel of the Main Output, that will compromise the sound of your instrument (tremendously).

If you have an iPad, iPhone, or any smart device that can run a Metronome App you can solve your issue that way. Deliver the audio to a monitor speaker and send a direct feed into your MODX. Set the MODX to slave to that clock.

Go to [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > tap “MIDI SYNC” select the source for your clock input.

Posted : 29/10/2019 9:29 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a Focusrite 2i4 Scarlet and a Mac Book Pro. Is it posible to use just the scarlet for the click track via usb or do I necessarily would have use the Mac ?

Posted : 30/10/2019 2:57 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You cannot connect an audio interface directly to MODX.

Either a computer for input/output on "USB TO HOST"

Or a MIDI controller for input/receive only (input to MODX) using the "USB TO DEVICE" port. Sending from MODX to the MIDI controller is not supported.

Posted : 30/10/2019 4:00 am
Lex
 Lex
Eminent Member

While thinking about the concept of plugging one audio interface into another via USB (MODX into Scarlett 2i4), I came across this mostly unrelated article about connecting multiple identical audio interfaces to one computer. It would be an interesting value proposition if Yamaha offered an ASIO driver like this for connecting a Montage and/or MODX to a Windows computer alongside one or more Steinberg audio interfaces.

Too bad mLan didn't take off and grant us daisy-chaining heaven? Nowadays it could operate using Thunderbolt cables...

Posted : 30/10/2019 5:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us