Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Record independent parts on individual tracks in Logic and/or Reaper

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've got an issue I hope someone can help me with. I'm wanting my MODX6 to play MIDI files from a Logic project. I have an FM patch with 3 different parts, so in the DAW, I created 3 external instrument channels. The first Logic channel is linked to MIDI channel 1, the second to MIDI channel 2 and the third to channel 3. I push play and each midi file is played by the MODX part assigned to it -- part 1 is played on the Logic MIDI channel 1, part 2 by channel 2 and part 3 by channel 3.

Here's where I have an issue. If I turn down the volume of Parts 1 and 2 on the MODX, all three Logic channels still have the sound of Part 3 coming out. How can I make it so the MODX part that is playing ONLY comes out of its corresponding Logic channel?

Posted : 29/06/2022 10:45 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Here's where I have an issue. If I turn down the volume of Parts 1 and 2 on the MODX, all three Logic channels still have the sound of Part 3 coming out. How can I make it so the MODX part that is playing ONLY comes out of its corresponding Logic channel?

Are you referring here to audio channels or MIDI channels? If MIDI of course even with volume down there is going to be MIDI data recorded.

BTW: this is a pretty good tutorial on MODX+Logic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghQGR1ts0E

I don't have Logic myself.

Trying to decipher what your issue really is - I'll just take a random stab.

If you want to play the MODX piano keys and only have MIDI output of a particular Part (MIDI channel): turn Keyboard Control (Kbd Ctrl) OFF for all Parts. You would touch greenish piano key icon in the home screen to turn it grey. Then select the Part you want to send MIDI out by touching that Part from the home screen which will put a white border around that Part. You can dismiss the popup menu that displays after touching the Part by pressing the [EXIT] button.

With keyboard control turned off (for every Part), only the selected Part will send MIDI.

Posted : 30/06/2022 1:15 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us