Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Save Performance

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Good morning. I can't save the performances. If I turn off the MODX 7 and turn it back on, I no longer find the saved performance. Help

Posted : 14/12/2021 12:59 pm
Bad Mister

Good morning. I can't save the performances. If I turn off the MODX 7 and turn it back on, I no longer find the saved performance. Help

Hi Andrea,
Welcome to YamahaSynth!

Here is what can help. The MODX has internal memory to which you must [STORE] (and name) your Performance… before you can SAVE it to an external USB stick. Here is how this works

Pressing the [STORE] button will take you to a screen where you will be offered options:
__ if you started with a Factory Preset, a Library Performance or from an “Init” Performance you will be offered to “STORE as new Performance” — tapping that box will take you to a screen where you can give your edited Performance a new Name (high recommended) and when you tap “Done” this will put it in internal memory. The MODX can STORE 640 User Performances in internal memory — these will remain in your MODX until you either Delete them or overwrite the User Bank by loading a different USER File (.X8U or .X7U) or initialize the instrument.

__ if you started with a User Performance that has already been STORED in your User Bank, when you press the [STORE] button, you will see options to “Overwrite” the existing Performance and you will see a second option to STORE it as a new Performance.

As you can see I am stressing the word STORE.
[STORE] is the operation that writes your edited data to the MODX’s internal memory.
This is completely different from the SAVE operation. Saving is act of writing a File to an external USB stick and is launched by pressing the [UTILITY] button. There is no operation to SAVE a single (1) Performance … the way the MODX works is when you select [UTILITY] > “Contents” > “Store/Save” and write a USER FILE to a USB stick… it is the entire contents of the STORED internal User Bank that will be written to that File… this includes as many as 640 User Performances, all the User Arps, if any, all the User Waveforms, if any, any User “Live Set” lists, if any… etc.

Terminology:
STORE - The act of writing you currently edited Performance to the MODX internal memory
SAVE - The act of writing data from internal memory to an external USB drive.

Only the STORED data gets SAVED to the USB stick’s File.

Summary:
Once you have edited the data, press the STORE button, name and write the Performance to the internal User Bank memory…
The act of going to UTILITY and writing to a USB stick… takes items that have been STORED to internal memory and writes them to the external USB stick.

Extra Credit:
Finding your data:
From the [Performance (HOME)] screen
Press [CATEGORY]
Set the “Bank/Favorite” = User
Set the “Attribute” = All
The result field will show you your current User Bank Performances (stored internally)

Alternate Method: Finding your data:
Press [UTILITY] > “Contents” > “Data Utility” > find the Folder labeled “Performance”
Tap the folder… this will reveal your current User Performances. You can view them in the order you made them (or reverse), alphabetically by Name (or reverse)… and it will tell you “how many” out of the 640 User locations you have filled. From the Folder you can *manage* your Performance - Rename or Delete.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 14/12/2021 1:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Make sure "Init On Boot" is not turned on.

1) Press [UTILITY] button
2) Choose left-hand menus "Settings" -> "Advanced"
3) Last row near left hand side - make sure "Init On Boot" is set to OFF

Posted : 14/12/2021 6:01 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us