Clear all

!!! Scam/Hack Awareness !!!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I have no idea of the scam/hack mechanics but please be aware.

Someone is posting auto-bot text (lifted from real posts) then providing a link (hypertext link in blue) to the same Thread you are reading.

There's obviously a reason a person or persons are doing this, and it is probably not good.

I advise, make sure your Password for this site is NOT the same as any other site, particularly your email, or anything that contains personal details, transactions etc.

Posted : 23/09/2022 7:27 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you look closely there is the link to the current thread followed by what is probably the intended payload of the spam. A link to some other website.

Posted : 23/09/2022 8:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I was referring to (for example):

exlink:yamahasynth.com/forum/motif-es7-midi-problem/gmail

The "gmail" part at the end is a different address and goes to the .io top-level domain. You have to scroll over the end of the link to notice it's not a part of the first link.

Posted : 23/09/2022 9:03 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the post and the emails. We are most assuredly looking into this. Stand by!

Posted : 23/09/2022 11:06 pm
Member Admin

this site is a dud anyway. Maybe 10 users. I wonder why....

Posted : 26/09/2022 12:47 pm
Member Admin

Turn it up to 11.

Just logging in is difficult, to impossible, depending on your views (and that of your OS and browser) on cross site tracking.

And notifications have never worked.

Posted : 27/09/2022 3:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us