Notifications
Clear all

Scenes strangeness

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I encountered an issue when creating a performance with multiple scenes where I assign different voices in combinations by either muting out or removing keyboard control for unwanted voices. The problem is with reselecting scene #1. When returning to it from other scenes, it doesn’t reactivate but rather keeps the scene previously selected (although the led indicator works normally and lights up the correct led). This problem doesn’t happen when selecting the other scenes but only for #1. This doesn’t happen with some of the factory presets like the one with the gallery type performances or the one with the eight different guitar amps (can’t remember the name of it, sorry).

Thanks

Posted : 01/12/2019 8:19 am
Bad Mister

The most common problem stems from the items stored in a Scene will remain, (MIDI settings persist)... once changed they remain as changed, until it reaches a Scene that has a different setting. If, for example, you program a Scene that reduces the Volume from 100 to 75. Until a Scene is recalled with a different Volume, it will remain at 75. If you did not activate the MIXING MEMORY switch in a particular Scene, it will not have a stored value, so the Volume will remain at 75. The Volume of Scene 1 may not have been actively *stored* in the first Scene. Volume gets stored under the MIXING MEMORY switch.

You can verify the *stored* settings by navigating to the SCENE screen.
From HOME
Touch “Scene” in the first column
On this Scene Memory screen you can review the data that each Scene is set to recall.

You are going to find that certain of your Memory switches are set to Off. When you change to a Scene that does not changes as expected, you will find that the Memory switch is set to Off for that particular memory segment.

Changes made on the Scene screen are immediately stored. The scene is a record of each of the 8 Scenes.

Posted : 01/12/2019 9:43 am
Topic starter

I followed your instructions and all is well. Thanks for the quick response!

Posted : 01/12/2019 10:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us